4.3/5 - (52 votes)
From healthcare technologies to cybersecurity through renewable energies: when it comes to investment, Carlos Espinal, author of « A Field guide to Fundraising », has it covered.
As well as being smart and hard-working, Carlos is an outstanding team member and mentor. He is the one person company founders call for advice. His goal-oriented mindset and extensive venture capital experience led him to write a book to help entrepreneurs raise funds, which he continually updates as the market evolves.
Every day at SeedCamp, where he has been a VC partner for the past six years, he embodies this human-centered, community-focused mindset when it comes to choosing a company to invest in.
And it certainly seems to be working. SeedCamp has made over 470 investments since its creation in 2007. Today, it is leading its sixth round of seed investments, distributing between 500,000 and 1 million euros, sometimes more, for a 5-8% share.
In this episode, @Carlos not only gives us a masterclass on fundraising, he also shared an inspiring vision of his role as an investor. Don’t miss it: LINK
Spoiler: this episode may contain an embarrassing amount of beatboxing and ASMR.
Carlos and I also talked about:
- His book, A Field Guide to Fundraising.
- His journey from Honduras to the UK
- How he set up WiFi on the first floor of Wall Street
- AI, health, the climate crisis and cybersecurity
- The creator economy
Carlos and I talked about :
- #344 Robert Plomin – Psychologist & Geneticist – What if your DNA could predict your future?
- #158 Edgar Grospiron -Génération Do it Yourself
- #228 Nicolas Julia – Sorare – le tsunami français du WEB 3.0 – GDIY
- #74 Romain Raffard – Bergamotte – Quand ton e-commerce sent bon la réussite (et la fleur)
- #305 Paul Mouginot – Stabler – Repousser les limites de l’imagination grâce à l’IA : chronique d’un entrepreneur visionnaire
You want to sponsor Génération Do It Yourself or suggest a partnership? Contact my label Orso Media via this form.
👇 Suivez également le podcast GDIY sur les réseaux !
Résumés des épisodes, articles sur l’entrepreneuriat et le monde du podcast en France.
5 min de lecture
4 min de lecture
7 min de lecture